Logic, sound and interface
How to build a soundmachine
Are you an engineer in progress and a DIY lover? Don’t hesitate and join this workshop to design and build your own prototype from scratch.
PROGRAM & TOPICS
1. What is a soundmachine? How does it work?
- How do machines generate sounds? Oscillators, envelopes and filters. Basics of synth theory and terminology.
- Interface and interactions. Buttons, knobs, lights and sensors. Analysis of components and circuit integration. Basics of electronic.
- Logic as a key element to build a functional sound machine. Basics of programming and logic functions.
2. Meeting Axoloti Core and Axoloti Patcher
- Hardware analysis & capabilities: discover all the Axoloti features.
- Introduction to Axoloti Patch and visual programming.
- Sound design: learn how to create and modulate sounds into Axoloti environment.
- Exploring rhythms and frequencies designing a melody sequence.
- Build up manual interactions using logic and electronic components. Learn how to connect buttons, knobs, light and sensors to Axoloti.
- MIDI integration.
3. Make your own soundmachine
- Think creative and design your own concept of soundmachine.
- Design your idea and create a working prototype. You’ll have access to many different components (switches, potentiometers, encoders, LEDs, motors, light sensors, touch sensors, displays…) to add in your design, plus all the tools and accessories you’ll need to work properly on your breadboard setup.
- Show off your creation.
- Let’s Jam together!
Assisted by Razvan Isac, Hohum Lab
Terms and conditions
If you are unable to attend the Workshop for any reason you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you cancel the workshop you are entitled to a refund as reported below:
- 100% refund of the ticket if cancelled up to 2 weeks before the workshop date (before 19-09-2020)
- 50% refund of the ticket if cancelled up to 1 week before the workshop date (before 26-09-2020)
- NO refund if cancelled less than 1 week before the workshop date (after 26-09-2020)
Cancellation by us
There may be circumstances in which we need to cancel the Workshop. In such circumstances, we will provide you with a full refund of the ticket within 15 days of the date of cancellation.